The ingredients are :
1 lb Jimmy Dean Sage Breakfast Sausage, cut into 10-11 slices
1/2 cup cream cheese*
1/2 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
2 jalapeno chile, de-seeded and finely diced
1 1/2 tsp your favorite BBQ rub (divided)
- Preheat a charcoal grill set up for indirect heat to 250f. Add a chunk or two of cherry, hickory or whatever smoking woods that you have on hand.
- Mix the cream cheese, cheese, jalapeno and 1/2 tsp of BBQ rub together.
- Place about 1 tsp of the cheese mixture on each slice of sausage. Pull up the edges of the sausage and seal, forming it into a round, golf ball sized "egg".
- Season your "eggs" with the remaining 1 tsp of BBQ rub.
- Smoke the "eggs" for about 90 minutes.
I take no credit for this recipe. Info in the link.
Turned out really well.
These were a hit at the party we attended.